Quick. Simple. Coffee Peppermint Scrub
Posted on Monday, May 01 2023 06:30:00 PM in News by Roslyn Lewis
Most people’s skin gets dry during the winter months. You can choose to lather up with lotion or try our recipe for a homemade all-natural coffee peppermint scrub that’s easy to use and inexpensive. A coffee peppermint sugar scrub is the perfect way to keep your skin moisturized and hydrated without the added chemicals. It is also a great mix for a holiday treat for the body.
When you regularly exfoliate your skin with an exfoliating scrub, it becomes healthier in appearance and function. After dead skin has been exfoliated, your body’s largest organ works more efficiently to expel toxins and take in nourishment.
Using an exfoliating scrub rich in coffee, coconut oil, peppermint oil and raw sugar has many health benefits to your skin such as:
- -The caffeine found in coffee scrubs typically increases blood flow, and may reduce the appearance of cellulite and give your skin a more even tone
- -Peppermint essential oil is a known effective natural painkiller and muscle relaxant
- -Peppermint essential oil has cooling, invigorating and antispasmodic properties
- -Peppermint oil is known to be helpful in alleviating a tension headache because of its attributes
- -Coconut oil softens the skin and helps with dry and hard skin conditions
- -Coconut oil is known to help fight the signs of aging by delaying the appearance of wrinkles and sagging. It keeps the skin’s connective tissues strong, which helps prevents the skin from sagging and wrinkling. It is well-known for its antioxidant properties
- -Sugar contains glycolic acid, an alpha-hydroxy acid that is critical for maintaining healthy skin. The natural glycolic acid in sugar helps condition and moisturize skin. It also helps protects it from harsh toxins
- 1/4 cup coffee grind (you can use already brewed or fresh grounds)
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (If you heat this up let it cool slightly)
- 4-6 drops peppermint oil (or more/less to your desired strength)
- Gather ingredients
- Melt the coconut oil slightly to a semi solid consistency (if you need to)
- Mix the coffee grounds and raw sugar together and then add coconut oil little by little to get the consistency you desire. Then add the drops of peppermint. It should be slightly crumbly.
- Pour into an airtight glass container
To use (Be careful because it can get messy. We suggest putting a towel on the floor)
- Wet your skin in the show on the bath tub.
- Apply the scrub and rub into the skin in circles. You can spend more time on trouble (stretch marks or cellulite).
- Once its been applied all over, let it dry on your skin for 5-10 mins to absorb
- Rinse off in the shower and pat yourself dry.
Experts say that you should only exfoliate your skin up to 3 times a week. We hope you enjoy this holiday blend. It is perfect for stressful days, chilly months, dry skin, and anytime you want a winery scrub in the tub!