Have a question for us? You'll find most of your answers here. If not, please email us and we'll get back to you as soon as possible. Our hours are Monday-Friday, 9-4 EST. We are closed for all US state and federal holidays.
You can be certain that no animals were harmed during the manufacturing of Pewilben's products. All of our clothing and products are animal cruelty-free and vegan-approved. We’ve never tested finished products or ingredients on animals, nor have we ever ordered third parties to conduct animal testing on our behalf. For research and development, we use alternative testing methods, like theoretical evaluation models and scientific data about the component itself to tell us what we need to know without harming creatures.
How do I place an order?
When you’re ready to checkout, simply follow the instructions on each page. Verify your order and fill out your shipping and billing information and confirm your purchase. Once you’re done, you will receive an order confirmation e-mail. You will also receive an email when your order is processed and ready to ship.
The browsers that best support our site are Chrome, Mozilla/Firefox, Safari, and Internet Explorer 6+
What forms of payment do you accept?
We gladly accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express or regular account payments through PayPal.
Do I need a PayPal account to purchase from this store?
No, you are not required to have a PayPal account to purchase from this store. If you already have a PayPal account you are welcome to use it.
Do you ship internationally?
No. International shipping comes with a lot of regulations (https://www.usps.com/ship/shipping-restrictions.htm). Some of our products can not be shipped. There are also additional costs such as duties, taxes, and customs clearance fees might apply. Pewilben has no control over your local government laws, taxes or fees.
We are researching environmental factors associated with shipping across the world. Millions of gallons of jet fuel and truck diesel are used to ship products internationally. We do not want to add to eco-destruction. We are looking for solutions to decrease our footprint. Please check back for logistic updates/solutions.
Do I pay taxes on the items I purchase?
If you live and have your product shipped to North Carolina you will be charged the standard statewide 7.25% sales tax rate when you check out.
Where is my order?
T-shirts - Sweatshirts - Accessories - Signature Collection - Beauty (made to order)
It usually takes 2-5 days to process your order. We ship Monday-Friday between 9-4 pm EST.
Domestic shipping can take up to a week after your order is processed and packaged for shipping. You should not count the date that you ordered your product. Count the first day (minus weekend) from the day you receive notification of your item being shipped. Per federal regulations nail polish must be shipped using ground service. If you order multiple items along with nail polish your items will ship together via ground shipping.
Green Label (custom)
Our green label clothing are 100% LEAN (made to order) and they can take 2-3 weeks to create and ship. We use a lean method to manufacture our green label clothing. This eliminates unwanted stock and helps reduce our environmental impact. Your item will be cut and sewn especially for you, with meticulous attention to detail. Green items are noted in the product description box.
You will be notified via email when your order ships. It usually takes 2-5 business days to process (get it ready for shipping) your green label order once it is created. We ship Monday-Friday between 9-4 pm EST. You should not count the date that you ordered your product. Domestic shipping can take up to a week after your order is processed and packaged to be received. Count the first day (minus weekend) from the day you receive notification of your item being shipped.
Please note that your items might arrive in multiple shipments. Our green label items take a few weeks to make and ship so in most cases we will send your t-shirt or other items separately. You will not be charged for each delivery. One shipping price will be collected for your entire order. You will be notified via email when your items ship.
Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter Collections - are available for a limited time during the season based on pre-orders.
What are pre-orders?
Pre-orders (Seasonal Collections) allow our customers to reserve their favorite items and receive your desired size and style. By allowing customers to pre-order we cut back on wasted resources while protecting the environment. There is a 30-60 day window for customers to pre-order before our garments are produced. Announcements are made via social media. Orders are taken after fashion shows, during pop-up shop events, and on the website.
Can I change items in my pre-order?
There is a 30-60 day window for customers to pre-order before our garments are produced. During that time (30-60 day pre-order period) you CAN cancel or modify your items. If you cancel your item you will receive a full refund within 10 business days. If you need to modify your order please email your order invoice to email@example.com along with your changes. You will receive a confirmation email from us once we note the change in our system.
Can a pre-order be canceled during manufacturing?
After the last day of pre-order, you cannot modify or cancel your order during the manufacturing phase. Once the manufacturer receives your order fabric is cut and your item is made with love and compassion. For this reason, Pre-orders CAN NOT be canceled. No refunds will be given unless the item is not produced by the manufacturer based on reasons beyond our control.
The clothing item I ordered is too large, too small or too awesome. Can I exchange it?
Of course, you may. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the reason you’d like to exchange it within 7 days of receiving your order, and we’ll provide directions for shipping the item back to us. Tracking issues helps us build a better brand. Please note we can not accept items that have been worn, soiled or damaged (ie., deodorant stains, pet hair, pet stains, rips/tears) in any way.
Pre-ordered items can be exchanged for other items in our store. They can not be replaced with the same item because pre-ordered items are made to order in preplanned batches. We do not carry extra sizes.
The t-shirt I ordered smells like it just came off the press. Is the ink dry? What do I do?
We print our t-shirts on demand so your design is printed after you order it. Once it is dry we package and ship it. Like any solvent based item it will have a smell until it is properly aired out. Big box department stores t-shirts are printed months before they receive them. they are usually printed, warehoused then shipped so the solvent smell has an opportunity to dissipate. Take your shirt out of the bag immediately and allow it to breathe. The smell should go away. You can also wash it in cold water and air dry.
The order that I received is incorrect or defective. What do I do?
We do our very best job to ensure this does not happen, but if there is a problem with your order and it is either defective or incorrect, please contact us via email immediately. We would like to rectify the issue and correct the problem.
Can I purchase a gift for a friend or special occasion without you including the packing slip?
Sure! If you would like to send a gift to a friend please notate it during checkout. We will leave the packing slip out of the order.
Do you give refunds on everything in your store?
Unfortunately, we do NOT give refunds on custom items, jewelry or cosmetic products (nail polish/remover etc.). All other items can be returned or exchanged if you notify us within 7 business days.
How does your clothing refund policy work?
It's simple if you're not happy, we're not happy. Making you look your best is our mission. Most clothing items can be returned or exchanged if you notify us within 7 business days. Our green label items are made to order and we do not stock all sizes. Please use the measurement chart prior to ordering your item. We make every effort to educate you during the buying process by showing you accurate photos of the item so you will fall in love with the item when you receive it. It can take up to 3 weeks to receive your replacement because it has to be processed and created (clothing only).
All returns, excluding any refunds for shipping charges, will be credited to the credit card used in your purchase. We will do everything we can to refund quickly and you will be notified of your refund by e-mail. We must be notified within 7 business days and your item must be returned or exchanged within 21 days from the date of delivery (as recorded by the shipping provider). All returned items must be in their original condition (unworn, unwashed, and unaltered) with all hang tags and labels attached. Any items returned in any other condition will not be eligible for return or exchange. We recommend that you send your returns via an insured carrier. Pewilben will not be responsible for lost returns.
We can not offer return refunds on lost items (due to shipping - please get insurance). Refunds are only offered on physically returned items that reach our store.
Returns or replacement guidelines
You must notify us (email@example.com) within 7 days (from the date of delivery) that the item will be returned or exchanged so that we will be expecting your package. Returns that are sent without our prior knowledge will be refused. Items should be sent prepaid. We will not accept CODs. We recommend you to send the package back to us via traceable carrier and you may also want to insure the full amount of the merchandise you are sending back to us. We are not responsible for lost packages. Please send the item back to the address below.
Pewilben Atten: Return Dept
PO Box 480761
Charlotte, NC 28269
1.Returns will be accepted only if the return is sent within 21 (7+14) days of the delivery confirmation date (return authorization number must be visible on the outside of the packaging).
2. A full refund of the purchase price, excluding the shipping, will be made promptly upon receiving the merchandise in the same condition in which it was shipped.
3. There are no refunds on items damaged or lost in shipping. In that case, you must file a claim with the carrier. We suggest you get insurance when shipping the package back to us. We are not responsible for any lost or damaged packages that are sent back to us.
4. We do not refund shipping costs or credit card fees. They will be deducted from the total amount of your refund.
5. Items on clearance, custom items, jewelry, beauty products and nail polish can not be returned or exchanged.
6. If you exchange your approved item the replacement item will be shipped for FREE. Please notate on your Invoice sheet what you would like to exchange your item for. If we have questions or if the item is out of stock we will contact you via email.
What shipping choices do you offer?
We offer a myriad of shipping options for your convenience from USPS, UPS, and FedEx. Of course, choosing faster shipping methods will increase the price. By default, we have standard priority shipping (USPS) method on the site. Please note if you order nail polish the standard shipping is ground (No exceptions - per FDA regulations). If you prefer to have your package sent by a different means, please contact us and we’ll let you know if that shipping option is available based on the products you would like to order.
Basic Guidelines for Shipping
- All domestic orders are insured and shipped with delivery confirmation.
- You will receive an email notification when your package ships.
- Shipping fees are not refundable unless we make an error. If you provide the wrong shipping address you will be charged again for shipping if the package is returned to us.
- Other shipping methods are available upon request; however, should you select uninsured shipping we will not be held responsible for loss or damage of your purchase.
What makes your nail polish different?
Ingredients, quality control, and performance are the most important properties of our nail polish. Pewilben's professional quality nail polish is fast drying, chip resistant and boasts seamless color quality. Our luxe 200 strand brush ensures an easy application, smoother finish and amazing control. In addition to our strict production requirements of our products, we have established high standards for our collection to set the fashion trend and not follow them. Our polishes are traditional and always found in nature so they never go out of style.
Is your nail polish "ALL Natural"?
We tried mixing berries and water but it won't stay on the nails. :+) At this time there is no such thing as an "all natural" nail polish, although scientists are getting close. To us, all natural means ingredients totally found in nature with no combining compounds in a lab. Currently, there are certain synthetic chemicals that are not natural that must be blended into the ingredients to help create nail polish. We hope one day a revolutionary "true" all-natural formula will be created (water + berries + ?).
Does your nail polish/lacquer contain harmful ingredients?
We are a 9 FREE nail polish producer. Our polish is formulated without parabens, dibutyl phthalate (DBP), toluene, xylene, camphor, formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, gluten and animal derivatives. In the nail polish world, we are considered a "7 FREE NON-TOXIC BRAND" because our nail lacquer does not contain some of the most harmful chemicals found in some traditional nail polishes. We are proud to give you a product that is considered non-toxic.
Is your nail polish/lacquer safe?
Our polish is formulated to be safe and gentle on nails. However, we believe that each individual must make an informed decision about products they use. We can't predict if you will have an allergic reaction to natural or chemical ingredients in our products. We suggest a small patch test of the product on one nail for at least 48 hours. Consult your medical doctor/dermatologist if you have concerns or questions about the ingredients or how to properly perform a patch test.
What's in your polish?
We demand transparency and safety in the production of our products. Integrity is important to us. To be completely transparent about our nail polish, you will find a list of ingredients under each product. All of our polishes have been produced with care for the environment and animal testing. We are very careful how we describe our products, and we can, therefore, guarantee both through documentation and certificates that all of our nail polishes are 7-free (parabens, dibutyl phthalate (DBP), toluene, xylene, camphor, formaldehyde and formaldehyde resin) as well as Cruelty-Free. While understanding nail polish cannot be made completely with organic and natural ingredients, we’ve done our best to ensure the formula/ingredients we use is as nontoxic as possible based on today's technologies and the outcome we were trying to achieve. Here are the main ingredients we use:
- Butyl Acetate - an organic compound that is used as a solvent. Butyl acetate has a sweet smell similar to bananas. It is used as a synthetic fruit flavoring in foods such as candy, ice cream, cheeses and baked goods.
- Ethyl Acetate - an organic compound with a sweet smell similar to that of pears. It can be found in other products we consume such as cereal crops, radishes, fruit juices, beer, wine, and spirits. In the nail industry, it is used as a solvent to help ensure the ingredients blend well.
- Nitrocellulose - a pulpy or cotton-like polymer derived from cellulose which is an organic compound found in most plant matter. This durable film-forming ingredient is used to ensure the polish stays on the nails.
- Acetyl Tributyle Citrate - a flavoring ingredient and plasticizer used in packaging films for food.
- Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol/Trimellitic Anhydride Copolymer - an organic chemical compound that is sometimes used in foods for flavor and gelling. It enhances the stability of a product towards heat, light, and water. In nature, Adipic Acid is found in mushrooms. It can also be found in lipsticks, facial powders, lip gloss, and concealers.
- Isopropyl Alcohol – also known as "rubbing alcohol" by its household name. It is used as a solvent in our polish. It is a non-toxic alternative to formaldehyde.
- Stearalkonium Bentonite - a naturally occurring mineral and a principal constituent of bentonite clay. It is a thickening agent so glitter doesn’t sink to the bottom. In cosmetics and personal care products, Stearalkonium Bentonite is used in a wide variety of products including lipstick, eye makeup, and nail polish and other manicuring products.
- Acrylates/Styrene Copolymer– a stabilizer mostly used in styling products to set the hair, add body, and protect it from humidity. It also functions and can work as a film forming agent, hair fixative agent, suspending agent and antistatic agent. It’s also sometimes used as a waterproofing agent in cosmetic products. In nail polish, we use it as an adhesive for nail binding. It's widely used by the cosmetic industry in products such as hair dye, mascara, nail polish, lipstick, hairspray, body wash, sunscreen and anti-aging treatment.
- Silica – a mineral that improves the distribution of nail polish pigments (glitters) and prevents them for settling. It used in a wide range of cosmetics and personal care products including bath products, eye makeup, hair care products, makeup, nail care products, oral hygiene products and skin care products.
- Benzophenone-1– a powder compound used to protect cosmetics and personal care products from deterioration by absorbing, reflecting, or scattering UV rays. Benzophenones are also used in bath products, makeup products, hair products, sunscreens and skin care products.
- Trimethylpentanentanediyl Dibenzoate - this biodegradable compound ensures the polish stays on your nails as long as possible. It is also used as an indirect food additive.
- Dimethicone - a silicon oil, man-made in the laboratory. In nail polish, it is used to help evenly spread the polish so it goes on smooth. It is also used in personal care products as an anti-foaming agent, skin protectant, and skin and hair conditioner.
- Trimethylsiloxysilicate - silicone resins are recognized for their non-transfer and wash-off resistance properties. It helps with nail polish durability. Often used as a skin-conditioning agent.
For the full list of ingredients included in your selected polish please check the label. Not all of the ingredients listed above are in each polish.
Furthermore, all our coloring agents have been FDA (www.fda.gov) approved. Each nail polish has a different set of color specifications. Refer to the nail polish bottle for all color ingredients.
*We DO NOT use any animal derivatives for our colors. *Specifically…Carmine which is a red pigment/dye derived from insects (boiled and ground beetle carcasses) native to South America and Mexico that live as parasites on cactus plants. 'Pearl' and 'guanine' are both made from small fish scales and skin. They are prohibited from our mixture. We use MICA instead.
Disclaimer: The information provided on this website is intended for educational purposes only and does not render medical advice or professional services. It is not meant to substitute for the advice provided by your own physician or other medical professional. None of the statements on this site are a recommendation as to how to treat any particular disease or health-related condition. If you suspect you have a disease or health-related condition of any kind, you should contact your health care professional immediately. Please read all product packaging carefully and consult with a healthcare professional before starting any diet, exercise, supplementation or medication program. Cosmetic products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.
What is green label?
Green label is Pewilben's exclusive custom collection of animal and nature lover fashion. These designs are released each season. Everything is made to order and is shipped within 10 business days. This ensures that we give you fresh and innovative fashion without wasting resources.
Do you support animals or give back?
Yes, we proudly support animals and give back to our community by donating time, resources and/or a percentage of our proceeds to several organizations, schools, and companies. We believe and trust in the vision of those who promote animal welfare, preservation of the environment, education and research.
Have you signed a statement for no-animal testing or are you certified through any animal organizations?
Yes, we are certified and have signed statements for the following organizations:
- Vegan Action/Vegan Awareness Foundation www.vegan.org
- The Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics (CCIC) Leaping Bunny Program www.leapingbunny.org
- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals www.peta.org
Do you take ideas or suggestions? I have a great idea for a t-shirt or I think you should feature a certain animal next season!
Absolutely! We love to hear from our customers whether it is thoughts on the site, a specific print, designs or season ideas. Please send us an email and let us know what’s on your mind. We love ideas from our customers! Please send in your ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line please place "I got an idea." If we use your idea, we'll send you a free gift!